A camping tent is an essential camping gear campers cannot do without, no matter the camping activities they intend participating in. This moveable home is imperative for adequate shelter at night, protection against rainfalls, snows, sunrays, comfort, etc. Detailed below are simple strategies that will assist you in buy a camping tent, be sure to go through them as they will be of adequate assistance.
1. Exhaust a list of questions to figure out the type of camping tent you require:
- Do you intend going camping during summer when the weather is pretty hot, or do you wish to camp during winter under extreme weather conditions? For summer, a 3-season camping tent would be more appropriate to use, while a 4-season camping tent is appropriate for camping during winter.
- What’s the total number of people that will be allocated to the tent? Whenever you wish to buy a camping tent, consider the number of people that will make use of that tent. Always have it in mind that tents are rated with regards to the capacity of people.
- Is the tent’s capacity more important than the price, or is its weight more important than the capacity? Whenever you wish to buy a camping tent, you can get a tent with one of two of these listed attributes, but not one with all three.
- If you wish to buy a camping tent with reduced size and weight, opt for single-walled tents.
- Do you wish to have a camping tent capable of standing on its own? If you wish to buy a camping tent capable of standing on its own, then you should have it in mind that your tent only has the capacity to contain one or two people.
2. Set a maximum budget to buy a camping tent
Avoid going for what you cannot afford or what will have a drastic effect on your finances after purchase. Buy a camping tent you can afford. Most often, manufacturers and retailers provide their customers with excellent discounts you can check for high-quality tents with such dealers.
3. Practice how to set up the tent up before purchasing it
A good number of stores that sell tents allow their customers practice how to set up the tent they wish to purchase before purchase, while others have samples of these tents fully erect.
Ensure you ask yourself these questions before you buy a camping tent:
- Can I easily set up this tent in the dark, during rainfall, snowfall or during movement of atmospheric air?
- What’s the timeframe needed to set up the tent?
4. Go to the store with the backpack you intend taking to camp
Pack the tent into the backpack to see how it fits into your backpack.
- Do not forget you need adequate room in your backpack to carry other camping gears.
- If you intend buying a tent to accommodate lots of people, it is best you divide its parts between those peoples packs.
5. Put down a short preference list of tents likely to meet your camping needs along with their price tags to assist you with your camping expenses
An excellent camping tent will take years to wear, unlike a bad camping tent which will only last for a couple of few years. Although it’s advisable to stay within your budget, however, when you come across a high-quality tent for some extra dollars, opt for it.
6. Decide the suitable amount of food required for your camping trip
While preparing for your camping trip, consider the maximum number of days you are likely to stay at your campsite. It’s also essential to take the possibility of not having access to water and fire into account.
7. Go shopping at a shop that will fit your needs
If you are going camping with a car, you will be opportune have a cooler to chill your drinks and to keep your food warm. Same applies to shopping at your favorite grocery store where you are likely to have all you need. However, if you intend camping into the wasteland, most of the things you need will only be available in a good sporting or camping store. These camping stores sell well processed and packaged lightweight freeze-dried items that will not spoil for a reasonable amount of days along with a water purification system and lots more.
For more information on camping tips, please visit our Fan page.